We Are Raising HOPE
Heart for Africa (Canada) is a faith-based humanitarian organization that focuses on bringing HOPE to the Kingdom of Eswatini, Africa in the areas of Hunger, Orphans, Poverty and Education.
Our programs are designed to address these four key areas with solutions to alleviate hunger, rescue and care for orphans, fight poverty with employment and provide education to children and adults through school and vocational training. Since its inception, Heart for Africa (Canada) has worked to steadily address each of these four key objectives, launching programs and developing resources designed to tackle each area. And while the problems loom large, there have been notable successes.
In March 2012, the first abandoned baby arrived at “Project Canaan”, the 1,000 hectare farm where Heart for Africa (Canada) homes for children and other programs are located. It has grown tremendously, adding more homes for children and training and employment programs for men and women from surrounding communities that include Project Canaan Farm, Khutsala Artisans, Lusito Mechanic Shop, and the Kufundza Center. Today, 190+ children under the age of eight call Project Canaan home. Heart for Africa (Canada) has made a solemn promise to care for them until they complete their High School education. Nearly 300 men and women work on Project Canaan Farm and with Khutsala Artisans.
With you, we can extend HOPE to the furthest reaches of Eswatini. In this country, where food, water, medicine and employment are scarce, you can join us in ensuring that HOPE is abundant.
- To bring glory to God in all we do.
- To be culturally sensitive in the countries we serve.
- To be the hands and feet of Jesus in Africa.
- To treat each and every person with respect and love regardless of faith, color, or nationality.
- To work with excellence in everything we do.
- “Religion that God our Father considers pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27
- “Whenever you did one of those things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me – you did it to me.” Matthew 25:40
- “So in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Romans 12:5
- “For I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11