Project Canaan’s egg farm is thriving, thanks to the support and generosity of the international egg community.
This partnership saw a barren patch of land transformed into two layer barns filled with 5,000 hens. The farm now offers fresh eggs to thousands of people in the community and is providing a locally produced protein that’s essential for human growth and development.
Give the gift of the humble egg
Through the generous investment of our egg farmer friends, we received our first flock of 2,500 hens in January 2016 and we now have 5,000 laying hens. We need to replace the flocks periodically with new pullets and your generous gift is needed to help replenish the flock. Each $25 donation purchases a hen for the Heart for Africa (Canada) egg farm. One hen will provide more than 275 fresh and nutritious eggs for our community. These eggs provide a high-quality source of protein for our children and supplements our feeding program that delivers 74,000 hand-packed meals every month to our community.
For cheque donations: Make cheques payable to CHIMP: Charitable Impact Foundation (Canada). Please indicate on the memo line that your gift is for Heart for Africa Foundation Egg Projects. Be sure to include your email address (so that you will receive your receipt) and mail your donation here: CHIMP, 1250 – 1500 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6G 2Z6.
Project news and updates
Click on the links below to access some of the latest project news. Stay in the loop by signing up for our newsletter.
- World Poultry: Making a difference with eggs
- The Western Producer: Eggs, ‘perfect protein,’ delivers hope
- The Poultry Site: Egg Farm Project Gets First Flock in Swaziland
- The Toronto Star: Canadian egg farmers help nourish children in Swaziland
- CTV Ottawa: Amazing People
- Canadian Poultry Magazine: Helping Africans farm eggs
- The Telegram: Poultry potential
- Global News: Saskatchewan Egg Producers aid nutrition program in Africa
- CTV News: Cam Broten Interview